Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Signs of Spring

Hello Dear Ones!

I'm really busy this week as I started a new job yesterday and I'm trying to work out all the daily details so our lives are not turned upside down.... The good thing though is my hubby just called and said "If absence makes the heart grow fonder, I don't know how I'm going to stand loving you so much!"  He's already homesick for me....awww... I'm SO blessed :) 



The weather is just so mild and I am thinking SPRING...my favorite time of the year and I love it! Friday, I put together a quick wreath for the door that said "Spring" to me.... I used crocus flowers, daffodills and a few others. Then earlier I went outside and guess what I saw? My bulbs are all pushing up out of the ground! YAH!!! I checked the Forsythia last week and know it's going to be lovely this year. I was thinking of forcing a few branches but decided to let it alone. There wasn't much else to look at so I took a few pics of our other animals.  




I've got a few projects I want to turn into post....2 dressers I want to paint and distress and another one I'm pretty excited about.... James is taking the reclaimed lumber rope beds he built way back when for the kiddos and turning them into one larger queen sized bed for the guest room. He asked yesterday what I wanted to do with the old mattress. These were bunk bed mattresses and not great ones to begin with but I had a quick thought and asked him to check and see if there were springs inside the mattress and guess what???? There are!! So now I'm thinking of all the neat things we can do with bed springs! I'm also not quite finished with the Yo Yo Quilt. I WILL post pics as soon as I am finished.


The animals wanted to get in on the pictures so here is one of Sam.  He's a sweetheart. 


And here's Gabby: 


I've gotta run... 







1 comment:

  1. I am a new follower through Linky. We live on a farm in Missouri and I also work outside the home. Nice to visit you! Hope your job is going well.

    ReplyDelete