Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Second try....

Wow... I started this blog back in May and then my life got kinda crazy. We are in the process of making our new home habitable so James and I can officially move in. It's a beautiful old farmhouse, built in 1870. I've always wanted an "old" house for some reason. I guess maybe it has to do with my love of history but old houses have such character! Sure, they have things that need updated and maybe the joist are sagging a little but new houses just don't have the same feel.

We planted grapes, blueberries and transplanted my blackberries. I just hope the deer don't eat them all up before we get moved in and they have a chance to grow! And the deer are very plentiful over there as the property is not far from conservation land. It's secluded and quiet with a gazebo that's just perfect for relaxing on a breezy afternoon with a good book.

In the last month, we've prematurely become "empty nesters". It's a new season of my life and I'm not really comfortable in it yet.

To be sure, focusing more on my relationship with my husband has been gratifying and he's so very appreciative that I smile just thinking about it. I started to think about our relationship and how easy it is to get in a rut and I don't want to do that. I want my marriage to continue to be fruitful no matter what season....and no, I'm passed having babies...but there are other ways to be fruitful and one is the physical side of our relationship. Just because we're in "mid life" doesn't mean it can't be sizzling! We just have to make it a priority, even when our hormones aren't in gear. lol I came across this link the other day about christian wives who initiate, value and enjoy SEX! www.cwives.com
It's a really great site so check it out! (and prepare to be challenged!)

As wives, sometimes we forget this aspect of our marriages in the day to day hustle and bustle of life but it can make such a difference in our relationship with our husbands.

Well, I'll leave you with those thoughts for now.... my hubby just called and is coming home in a bit.... I'm gonna go and "get prettied up".

Remember... the marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled....

In Christian love,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment